- This event has passed.
Watercolor for a Cause: Blooming Into Motherhood
July 31 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
About this event
Gather your friends together for the Watercolor for a Cause Paint Party on Saturday, July 31st at 7:30pm. Or enjoy a relaxing evening from the comfort of your own home as you get in touch with your creative side – all for a great cause!
Stock up on your favorite beverages, make some tasty snacks, pump those old-school songs and get ready for a night of fun as you create a beautiful piece of customizable artwork AND contribute to a great cause!
We will be led virtually by North Carolina artist, Kelly Aiken of Copeley Designs as she leads us through a beautiful watercolor painting of mother and child.
She will teach participants how to trace the image (no art skill required!), play with different colors and painting techniques to create unique images, and add beautiful gold leaf to finish your painting.
- Join us on Saturday, July 31st at 7:30pm. You can join from anywhere! On a beach vacation? Not a problem! Join the zoom and get your paint on while listening to the sounds of the waves crash through your open windows 🙂
- Tickets are $18 and include your entry to the virtual event, access to the supply list and painting outline, and one event raffle ticket.
- 40% of your ticket price and 100% of additional donations go directly to PSI. You can Purchase additional raffle tickets / make an additional donation to PSI here. Our event raffle includes over $1,000 in amazing prizes. 100% of raffle ticket purchases will be directly donated to PSI. Prize recipients will be randomly selected on Wednesday, August 4th at noon on IG Live. Prize winners will be emailed.
- Ticket price DOES NOT include art supplies. This allows us to keep the price of the event down and still maximize how much we are able to donate to PSI. Plan to order your supplies as soon as possible. If you are hosting a party, many of the supplies come in bulk and can shared with friends!
- IMPORTANT: You can use our Amazon Shopping List to purchase your supplies. Note that aside from the paint brush, all other supplies can be shared (and the cost split) between your paint party guests. Here is the supply list from our artist, Kelly. It includes a few more options in case you want to get fancy, as well as additional items you may want to have on hand (such as a water cup to clean your brush, tablecloth to protect your table, apron, etc.)
Since many items on the supply list come in bulk, we encourage participants to sign up with a small group of friends and share the items on the supply list. It’s also way more fun if you and your friends get together and complete the painting together in-person while watching Kelly instruct via Zoom!
Join us in our efforts to raise funds for Postpartum Support International.
PSI is working to ensure every woman and family worldwide will have access to information, social support, and informed professional care to deal with mental health issues related to childbearing. PSI promotes this vision through advocacy and collaboration, and by educating and training the professional community and the public.
40% of the registration proceeds plus 100% of online donations go directly to Postpartum Support International.
A huge thank you to our featured sponsor Renee Avis, LPC and founder of Our Mom Tribe and Kelly Aiken of Copeley Designs.
Without the generous support of Renee and Copeley Designs this event would not be possible!
A big shout out to our raffle sponsors:
- Skinsational Esthetics
- Alara & Zane
- Carolina Birth & Wellness
- Tara Ann Carroll Yoga
- Joy Worthy Co.
- HEAT Studio – Raleigh
- Nurtured Nest
Interested in sponsoring one of HER Health Collective’s Maternal Care Initiatives? Email email@example.com for more info.