Do you have someone in your life you need to forgive? Do you struggle with solidifying friendships now that you’re an adult? Nicole Wallace, wife, mother of six, licensed mental health counselor, and entrepreneur holds nothing back as we dive deep into several tough topics. In this episode, Nicole discusses how she moved past infidelity in her marriage, how embracing her blended family has changed her, the challenges of being raised by a single mother, the ways in which being a Black Latino American have influenced her parenting, the differences in raising kids today from 20 years ago, and how she recommends overcoming the challenges of making friends as an adult. She shares her incredible story and the lessons she’s learned along the way with authenticity and an openness that is rare to find.
In this episode you will hear us discuss:
- The effects on Nicole being raised by a single mother in a poor neighborhood
- How Nicole navigated infidelity and forgiveness in her marriage and embraced a blended family.
- The power of therapy and marriage counseling
- Nicole’s suggestions on navigating negative self-image and self-esteem so prevalent for many women.
- The loss of identity in motherhood and the importance of periodic life assessments.
- Societal changes and the difference Nicole has seen in raising each of her six children.
- The challenges of making friends as an adult
Transformation Counseling and Consulting, PLLC
HER Health Collective – HER Circle— Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/herhealthcollective/support