We are honored to have Kim Hawley as a guest on the podcast. Kim is the founder of Strength Through Story a support group for pregnant, postpartum and adoptive moms that focuses on healing through writing and creative community. She is also the statewide Coordinator for Postpartum Support International in Missouri. Kim is the owner of Kim Hawley Creative, a design business where she works on everything from websites to marketing materials, report and media kit design to event and headshot photography. We also found out (in this episode) that Kim is aspiring to begin her own non-profit. Additionally, Kim is the mom to a very active three year old. In our discussion, you will hear us talk about:
- Kim’s personal story struggling with mental health and finding Strength Through Story.
- Most common stories she hears from mom’s and why sharing stories are helpful.
- Stigma attached to maternal mental health and why it’s hard for moms to talk about.
- Integrating a busy lifestyle with a healthy mindset of abundance rather than overwhelm.
- Identifying and navigating the motherhood identity conundrum.
- Working through the fear of writing and the healing benefits of writing vs. other creative outlets.
- Kim’s lesson/shift experienced in motherhood so far.
Kim’s reading: “It’s Not Always Depression” by Hilary Jacobs Hendel— Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/herhealthcollective/support